HOW MUCH DOES THE PROGRAM COST?
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO MOVE IN?
The move in cost is approximately $550.00.
The $550.00 consists of the first and last week of program fees, a $150.00 security deposit (refunded upon successful discharge from the program) and a $75.00 non-refundable intake fee. If a client moves in midweek the program fees are prorated for the days in the program. ROOTS does not charge for a full week if the client is not there a full week.
HOW DO I PAY?
Cash, check and credit card are accepted forms of payment. ROOTS can also send an online invoice if payment cannot be made in person. However, online payments are subject to a 5% processing fee. Intake fees are due at the intake and weekly program fees are due every Friday by 10pm.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
- Laptops and tablets are encouraged, desktop computers are discouraged.
- Food – We encourage clients to shop for a week at a time. While each client has designated pantry and refrigerator storage there is not room for “bulk” shopping.
- Clothing – Each client has a dresser and designated closet space.
- Toiletries / Personal hygiene Items – A “bathroom caddy” is suggested for clients to keep their personal items organized.
- Medication – Please discuss all medication with a coordinator prior to intake and bring a zippered pouch or lock box to keep medications together and out of site.
- 12 step recovery reading material is strongly encouraged.
WHAT NOT TO BRING:
- TV – There is a TV located in each common area. Clients are not allowed to have TV’s in their bedrooms. This helps prevent isolation and addictive behavior and encourages camaraderie.
- Weapons or firearms
- Furniture & Applicances
ROOTS IN RECOVERY PROVIDES:
- Basic cleaning supplies
- Paper towels & toilet paper
- Kitchen Ware (flatware, cookware, cutlery, etc.)
- Each House has common areas with cable TV, wifi, and a phone.
- Bedding (sheets, pillow, etc.), towel and wash cloth. Some clients prefer to bring their own bedding, pillow, towel, etc.
- Onsite Laundry facilities – There is a laundry room with washer and dryer in each house. Clients are responsible for providing their own laundry detergent.
HOW LONG IS THE PROGRAM?
A minimum stay of 7 months is suggested. There is no contract or obligation to stay 7 months, however, our experience is that clients who leave the program after 30, 60, 90 days do not do as well. Some clients stay for a couple of years.
HOW MANY CLIENTS IN EACH ROOM?
2 clients maximum per bedroom.
ARE SINGLE BEDROOMS AVAILABLE?
CAN I HAVE A JOB?
YES! A huge part of recovery is becoming a productive member of society. Clients are required to work or volunteer at least 20 hours per week. Clients can also be a full time student.
IS THERE TRANSPORTATION?
Clients may bring their own transportation (car, motorcycle, bicycle) and each house is located near public transportation. Clients are limited to one motorized vehicle.
I'M ON PROBATION - IS THAT A PROBLEM?
ROOTS can work with you and the courts to provide proof of compliance with our program. However clients with certain violent crimes or sex offences may not be eligible for our program.
Clients are required to disclose their criminal history during our intake process. Lying on the application may lead to a discharge from the program.
IS ROOTS FARR CERTIFIED?
YES! Each ROOTS house is a FARR Certified level II Recovery Residence for men.
CAN I SMOKE?
YES! Each house has a designated smoking area, outside of course! Vaping is currently allowed inside.
IS THERE A GYM?
ROOTS does not have onsite exercise equipment, however there are several local gyms with memberships starting as low as $10.00 per month.
CAN I VISIT MY FAMILY?
YES! Adult male guests are allowed in the common areas until curfew (11pm weekdays, 1am Friday and Saturday). After 30 days, a client in good standing, may take an overnight pass.
*Adult female family members may be present during the intake process.
CAN A CLIENT RECIEVE FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE?
YES! A client can receive assistance with program fees, groceries or any other living expense. Ultimately, the responsibility of paying program fees falls on the client. We believe that if a client is fortunate enough to have financial assistance, then the least they can do is make sure that the person helping knows when, where and how to make payments. We STONGLY DISCOURAGE giving clients cash. If a client needs groceries, gas, etc. benefactors should provide gift cards. Cash in hand can be a trigger for relapse, especially early in recovery.
WHAT HAPPENS IF SOMEONE BREAKS THE RULES?
ROOTS understands that each client will encounter unique challenges while learning how to live as a clean & sober productive member of society. If a client violates policies or guidelines, they are usually given a warning for the first offense and guided on to how prevent that from happening in the future. If a client repeatedly violates policies or guidelines there may be a loss of privileges or a monetary fine, between $10.00 – $25.00. In extreme cases or if a client puts the safety and sobriety of other clients at risk they WILL be discharged.
WHY AREN'T THE ADDRESSES LISTED ON THE WEBSITE?
Our clients come from a variety of social and economic backgrounds. Also, our clients come to us with many different circumstances. We respect the privacy of our clients. Therefore, we do not publish the locations of our houses on the website.